The Story Siren is hosting the 2012 Debut Author Challenge! I was hesitant to sign up because I wasn’t sure if I read a lot of debut authors. I feel like I’m constantly catching up on other books my favorite authors have written or finishing a series. I thought about it some more and realized I was already planning on reading some debuts and didn’t know it. It’s also hard to know if a debut author writes clean fiction so I just have to take a risk and read it. If the book turns out not to be clean I stop reading it and move on to the next book. =) I’m trying to read at least twelve 2012 debut author books for the challenge. Here’s my list so far.
Click the title to see the book on goodreads.com.
1. The Queen of Kentucky by Alecia Witaker
2. Cinder by Marissa Meyer
3. First Date by Krista McGee
4. Ditched: A Love Story by Robin Mellom
5. Fracture by Megan Miranda
6. Incarnate by Jodi Meadows
7. Everneath by Brodi Ashton
8. Article 5 by Kristen Simmons
. . . and those are just the books being released in the month of January. 2012 should be a great book year!
Are you part of the challenge?